Monday, January 2, 2012

Some Needed Rest and Relaxation

I have not gotten out of my pajamas yet today. And if you know me, you would realize this is a major feat for me since I get dressed every single day. This is a first for me, but it's a very good thing. So I have spent my morning trading off watching the Pretty Little Liars Marathon and the Rachel Zoe Project Marathon. They're my guilty pleasures. And I'm not going to lie, the highlight of my day is going to be the winter premiere of Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Games, I know it's a very exciting life I'm living.
So I have spent my days watching TV, being glued to my iPad, getting some pet therapy from my cats and Bandit, and munching on random snack around my house. My doctor told me my bones are we and recommended to eat a lot more meat and less carbohydrates, so that means a diet change for this pasta eater, which is getting harder as the week goes on, but I'm hoping that I'll get use to it and it will get easier. But this will do me good, I guess I can call it a forces New Years Resolution(I'm also commuting to not drinking soda or lemonade or anything that comes out of fountain drink machines for the whole year). I'll keep you all updated.
But I am so blessed to have wonderful friends and people in my life who take the time out of their days to come hang out with the gimp I am as of now. I can't thank those people enough and am overwhelmed by the extreme kindness I have received. I keep saying this but it still amazes me daily the love that I have seen. Gods love has been sent to me this way. I can see who my true friends are and the people who truly care about me. Even through this hard situation good has come out of it. And it causes me to think and reexamine myself. I have been thinking that as a Christian I need to live my life that way to make it recognizable, not just as something that I do, but what I am. This encourages me, I don't know where this will bring me just yet, but I will wait and see where it takes me.
Overall this downtime and rest is doing me good. Instead of being constantly busy, going from one place to the next with no time to relax, no time to just breathe and think, I now can focus on all the things I have been putting off and focus on myself. So I'm going to make that my other New Years Resolution, to love others the way I have seen love, but also to spend time reshaping myself and being okay with that.
God Bless and Much Love
Xxx Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture! I just realized that I forgot to take you the lanyard stuff today!! :( If you still want it, I can bring it after school tomorrow.. Sorry Friend!!
    <3 Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think resolving to love others in the way you've been loved and "reshaping" yourself is a great idea :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete