Monday, December 26, 2011

Starting This Off

Well it is now the official end of the Christmas season, and I have a broken leg. So I figured I would take this time to begin this blog with my two month hiatus from walking.
So I'll start by telling you the story. I'm in San Diego with my family for the holiday season and in Christmas Eve we decided to go ice skating at the hotel Del on Coronado Island. Everything was going well and we had about 10 minutes left before we were going to leave. Well let's just say that my leg wanted to stay strait and my foot with the 5 pound skate wanted to bend and that was it, it just snapped. So 20 minutes later I'm still laying on the ice waiting for the paramedics and when they finally get me off the ice, at which point I am soaking wet and freezing, on top of being in such pain, I get rushed to the hospital. After a few x-rays, a few splints, and the realization that my left leg has a spiral break of the tibia and a broken fibula, I went into surgery five hours after the break with a fantastic doctor and now have a titanium rod and 3 screws in my tibia, the broken fibula was left to heal itself. So after a very restless night in the hospital I got to go home on Christmas with a house full of loving people. I'm still in pain but so grateful for the love I have been shown and the blessings of my family and friends.
Although this is not the best Christmas, I am so grateful for the blessings I have had these past few days. Thank you to everyone who has been there for me and for all your thoughts and prayers.
I will keep you all updated on my recovery. Thanks again for all your support. Talk to you soon, God Bless.
- Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great you can blog while you are laid up. Oo, and maybe you get get in some good time in the Word too :) p.s. Which hospital in san diego were you at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your friend Heather! I know that God does not give you anything you can not handle so this may be the season you and Him spend quality time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the support it really means a lot to me. I am getting very excited about being able to relax and refocus myself. I can't wait to see what plans God has in store for me the next few months, he's already provided so much just these last few days. Thank you again for all the support, it's just another blessing that I have.

    Oh and I went to Scripps Hospital. Amazing staff and great hospital, if you ever need one, which I pray you don't haha :)
    - Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete