Sunday, January 15, 2012

Live From the Central Coast...

Sorry it's been a few days, this has been the most exhausting frustrating, emotional week. I am so glad we have a 3 day weekend (Thank You Martin Luther King Jr.!) I really needed some rest and relaxation. Which is why I spent all of yesterday putting up my leg, drinking coffee and watching The Vampire Diaries on Netflix. It was an extremely relaxing and much needed day. My leg has been doing so much better these past few days, seriously doctors are amazing in how they fix the body. And it has been so nice waking up to such beautiful, clear weather. Sometimes I think it's nicer here in the winter than in the summer.
But oh, how I adore living on the central coast. It is honestly the most beautiful place on earth and I am continually amazed at the precious beauty we have here. Right now I am sitting outside looking at the view from the balcony on my house, listening to the dove in the tree across the street and wondering, how lucky am I to be brought up in this place with such fantastic weather, incredible people and awesome atmosphere. I mean there is not many places in the world you can sit outside with just a sweater on in the beginning of Januaryandnotbe old. It's just incredible Gods beauty everywhere around you.
When I was younger I would gripe and complain about living in such a small town with nothing to do, and sure that might be true in some cases but now as I'm getting ready to leave this place in a few months I realize how fortunate I have been. This is where I was ment to grow up. Today I went out to a deli for lunch with a friend and know about half the people in the place, and then when at the coffees shop, knew every girl that worked there. That's something special. The small community here is fascinating. With every place you go you will find someone you know. You'll run into your grandparents running errands, see you best friend when out at dinner, a neighbor at the gym or at the beach, there are familiar faces everywhere and it just adds to the beauty of our surroundings. I couldn't imagine growing up in a better, safer environment.
This next year is going to be tough moving away, growing up, graduating high school, making my own life decisions. Just thinking about it makes me a little fearful. I can't wait to embark on these new journeys, experiences, friends, this new season of "The Sarah Johnston Show" as I like to call it; but it's days like this that's will miss. The days you just go for a quick drive along the coast because it's beautiful outside, the days you have a spur of the moment lunch date in the small cafe with your great friend. But God has been so good to me the past few months and it makes me excited to see where else I will be taken.
I can't wait for this exciting and scary time coming up, and I can't wait to make new memories and share it with you all. whether that be on the beautiful central coast or not.
Hope you guys havea fantastic 3 day weekend. Take advantage of that extra time of sleep!
Much love.
Xxx
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment