Thursday, January 5, 2012

All the Pieces

Have you ever thought of your life as a jigsaw puzzle? Really, thing about it. Only a jigsaw puzzle where we don't have the box to look on, only God has that bigger picture in mind for us. We just have all the pieces. We start by making the outside, it's our essentials, what we're given to us when we're born, our bodies, our parents, our families. Sometimes you'll get lucky and have a few pieces already stuck to each other that make thing a little easier in life. But you just build from there, the picture becoming less of a cloud and more defined as you go. Some of the pieces are turned over, they're those things you know are there but don't want to look at, although you know you're going to need to at some point if you ever want to finish your puzzle. Then there are the pieces that fall on the ground. Some you don't even notice you lost, some that are just to far reach for and you have to get up and chase them down. Then there are the pieces that fall and another person finds it and adds it to your puzzle, making them part of the plan, part of your life. There are the pieces that somehow wind up under the couch,only to be found later, when spring cleaning comes around. You have some pieces in the wrong spot, unnoticeable until someone points it out or you yourself finally notice the small mixup. You might even get a piece to another puzzle mixed up in there and then have to find who that piece belongs to. And in the worst situations pieces are lost, creating a hole, but also leaving a space to be remembered by. There are all the emotions that come with finishing it, excited when a piece fits and the frustration when it becomes difficult. And then there are the memories, from every small piece comes a memory of how it got there, who helped you along the way.Memories that are inscribed throughout every piece, just as we cling to our memories. Without the bigger picture we don't know how to put the pieces together, we can try, but it takes so much of a greater effort. But with God on our side to help us, it all makes sense, the pieces match up, the puzzle can be finished. It's an amazing thing.
I'm going to try to keep this mindset more this year. To know that I, by myself, can't see the bigger picture, I only have pieces. And I have to take all those pieces to God and he'll show me the way. It's amazing when you think about it. I could even be a thousand or a million piece puzzle. And maybe I even have dolphins or maybe a unicorn on me, I can't tell from the small amount I have put together now, but I can't wait until I get more pieces put together.
It's funny how the simplest of activities can bring on thoughts of such meaning and relation to the real world. Maybe spending my time making puzzles and relaxing has done me a lot of good. I can't wait to share with you the pieces that I find this year.
Hope you all have a fantastic friday and a great weekend ahead. I know I'll be spending my day running errands and lunching with my grandma and maybe finding some time to read or listen to some music. I want to challenge you guys to take some time and relax this weekend, see what you find, you never know, you could just stumble upon a crucial piece to your own puzzle.
Much Love
Xxx
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Great insight, Sarah. And side note - I love puzzles too! Can we please do a 983275065604 piece puzzle together?? :)

    ReplyDelete