Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ode to Dr. Chadha

These past few days I have felt myself to be extremely lucky. Not only do I have the most incredible family and friends who have been there supporting me and taking care of me (thanks Dad and Jennifer and all the brothers and Emily), because it is not easy getting showered and dressed with one leg, let me tell you it's challenging. But I also had a fantastic doctor. Doctor Chadha is an amazing orthopedic, he had that hospital on their toes. I was in surgery only 5 hours after the accident and then out of the hospital less than 16 hours after surgery, seriously the guy is my favorite person, because I really didn't want to be stuck in the hospital for all of Christmas, and I'm guessing he didn't either. On top of that he's also a super nice guy.
So as I'm getting the hang of this crutches thing, which by my previous lack of coordination, is going to take some practice, I am forever grateful for the kindness and love from everyone. Even though this is not the Christmas I was expecting, I have seen so much love and am so grateful for my family and friends surrounding me. This has just made me that much more grateful for the incredible people I have been blessed with to have in my life, and I can honestly say I appreciate every one of you and I apologize ahead of time if I can not get back to everyone. I will be heading back home tonight and can't wait to get there, but am dreading the 4 and a half hour car ride.
It's also my brother Grayson's birthday today, so a very special Happy Birthday shout out to him. Love you buddy, I can not believe how old and big you are getting! Thanks for everything, you're the best.
I hope everyone continues to have a fantastic holiday season filled with love and joy. I love every one of you.

Xxx Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Love the Blog Sarah! Great Photos too! Glad you are feeling better. We love you!

    ReplyDelete