Friday, December 30, 2011

Out and About

I didn't realize how extremely tiring it is to be on crutches. But now that I am getting around a bit more and out of the house I find myself exhausted at about 6 o'clock, which is the normal hour the elderly go to bed, not a teenager. I mean I love getting out of the house and going shopping, what 17 year old girl doesn't, it's one of my favorite things to do, but I sure do get exhausted. And the whole part about not being able to carry anything sucks too. I figured this all out yesterday when shopping. At first I refused to use the wheelchair, thinking that I was well capable and I don't need to be pushed around in a grandma chair all freaking day and I extremely disliked the fact that everyone was making decisions for me, that does not go down well. But after the first stop I was so exhausted I just went and sat in the car by myself to be miserable and sulk at the fact that they were right all along and I should have used the wheelchair because I can't really walk. So at the next stop I surrendered, I used the wheelchair, although I still wasn't that happy about it.
It actually turned out to be quite fun, my sister got to push me around aisles and see how fast it would go, which is probably not the best idea since I already have one broken leg, but hey, I needed some form of entertainment for the day.
So lesson learned: don't be too stubborn, people are actually trying to help you. I'm going to try to remember this for my next 2 months on crutches.
Other than that it's been great getting out of the house some, I'm not a very nice person when I'm cooped up inside all day, gotta love that fresh winter air(even though it sure doesn't feel like winter outside). Every day I can feel myself growing a little bit stronger, which is a great thing. I'm hoping that this continues.
Much love to everyone.
Xxx Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment